Helpful Books and Resources
- The Worry Tree By Marianne Musgrove A great small chapter book for kids.
- Silly Billy – By Anthony Browne
A brilliant book introducing the use of ‘worry doll’ as a strategy to help manage worry thoughts!
- Mr Huff – By Anna Walker
A beautiful story about living with a cloud (anxiety)
- The Huge Bag of Worries – By Virginia Ironside. A story about a girl who collects worries, and struggles to carry them around..until a little old lady helps get rid of them!
- I like Myself – By Karen Beaumont A lovely book boasting healthy self-esteem
- My Daddy’s Going Away – by Christopher MacGregor. A wonderful book about dealing with temporary parental separation anxiety. Great for children whose parent(s) are in the Armed Forces or leave home for periods of time.
- Stomp out the Ants and Living with Ants – by Sally-Anne McCormack A wonderful book explaining what worry thoughts are and how to help manage them. A great site for resources, information about Anxiety & Depression in Children and Teens.
- A Secret Safe to Tell – by Naomi Hunter and Karen Erasmus. An important story that encourages children to tell someone about confusing feelings
- You’re Different Jemima – by Jedidah Morley and Karen Erasmus. A book to make children feel special about what makes them feel different.
- Even Mummy Cries – by Naomi Hunder and Karen Erasmus. Encourages parents to openly express their sadness with their kids without feeling guilt or shame.
- little wuppy® – The little wuppy® is a ‘worry doggy’ for children to use to help ease their worries and to help comfort them.
error: Content is protected !!